Monday, June 14, 2010

Stray Dogs

During my early morning walk today, I saw a girl with her cute pet puppy. Suddenly a couple of street dogs started barking at the pet. Unfortunately street dogs or stray dogs are still a reality is most cities of India. These are the dogs born and raised on streets with no one being owner or caretaker. And as the herd mentality goes, hearing the barking sound a few more stray dogs from nearing areas joined the chorus. The girl was a little perturbed and as it was morning there were very few people around (hardly any I guess).

I went up to the girl, consoled her by the old saying that barking dogs seldom bite, called a cab to make sure that she along with Silky reach home safely. (by the way Silky is the pet's name). I felt like a hero who just rescued a little girl and her pet...but I was about to see another hero....

As the cab drew away, one of the stray dogs, who seemed to be the leader of the pack, ran behind the cab for a distance. Constantly barking and waging his tail, after running a while he came back with a sort of winner's smile of face :) ... Happy that he shoo away an intruder from his territory...

Meanwhile I have found an NGO on internet dedicated to the cause of Stray dogs... Time to call them up....

7 comments:

  1. I like your post! There are also many stray dogs in my country. I feel sorry for those dogs. I love dogs and all kinds of animals. You can check out my blog site http://www.goldenmemories.info/. By the way, thank you for your nice comment on my vegetables. It's a very creative past time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so damn nice of you!!!...i've tried to befriend stray dogs..but unfortunately, they never seem to come near me...however, i just luv dogs...they r d most faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From where I come from, we also have stray dogs. You won't believe it that I always carry a stick with me to scare them away during my morning walks. It seems to be effective because they won't go near me at all.

    These dogs are not really astray because they have owners/caretakers who just let them go out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm...impressed the girl also aah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaye haaaye mere mittti ke sher....
    damn interesting blog...the best among others.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm...quite intresting...

    Once I found myself alone in the clusters of these street dogs too...

    Fortunately...they did'nt seems to had any offens so I passed on easily.

    But I do understand that girl's situation and how she must had been feeling the helplessness...

    I must say...you save her out of death....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could just switch places with Kat. Thats why he had been coming home solate.
    group masturbation stories
    xnxx stories my deformed foreskin
    erotic bodybuilder stories
    college gay sex stories
    free wild bestiality stories
    I could just switch places with Kat. Thats why he had been coming home solate.

    ReplyDelete