Wednesday, June 2, 2010

HITCHHIKING..!!


Past two yrs, during my course, I met people from different places of India. Now sometimes I miss few things that I used to do over there.

I miss hitchhiking most. Every morning I used to go-to-go to college and return back to room only by hitchhiking. Often I felt like my last ride when I got to be pillion of a drunken man and he drove rashly. :)
That time I swear not to hitchhike next time but next day I am ready for it again. J

Number of times I could not attend my first lecture because I was waiting for a car and nobody stopped that day. I didn’t feel like going on bike or any other vehicle. I was about to debar due to short attendance in first lecture :) I had to submit a medical certificate for that.

I met really interesting people this way. Some people ask bookful questions during the short journey that I feel like asking them please drop me here only I’d rather go by foot than to answer your worthless questions. While some people are very interesting and they appreciate this way of going to college and it reminds their days of hitchhiking.
I did not have to spend a single penny on going to college. Although it was not my aim, but was a great fun and adventure everyday. :)



3 comments:

  1. hmmm..albeit the risks that come with it, you seem to enjoy hitchhiking a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the people we meet by coincidence (like the ppl you hitchhiked with) leave lasting impressions on us. Nice blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a good thing that it is safe to hitch where you live. that's a very interesting way to meet people.

    ReplyDelete